Friday, December 19, 2008

Bad news with Italian Creme Cake


The past few days have been a roller coaster for my family. My fathers side of our family is a very tight knit and very spunky...or maybe stubborn group of individuals. Recently my aunt has had surgery for a serious medical condition and has had various complications in her recovery. In the mean time my Granny, who has diabetes, has been having problems of her own. Wednesday morning my Granny got up and she fell and she broke her hip this was the same morning she was to go in for a cancer screening. This also happened to be the day my other aunt was coming home from South Carolina. Oh and this is the same Wednesday the my Aunt, with the medical condition, had to be taken back to the hospital for anther surgery because of another medical complication. So to make a long story short at this point every body is out of surgery and doing as well as can be expected. But my Granny has been diagnosed with cancer of her pancreas and liver. She has decided to forgo the treatment and just "Let nature take it's course." Which from the way the doctors talk won't be very long. And after the doctor left when all eyes were on Granny she said "I want an Italian Creme Cake." So if it's her time to go she's going out a little scared a lot happy and full of Italian Creme Cake. I have to say it is a good cake!

No comments:

Pigs

Growing Boys Farm is trying our hand at pigs. Well, actually some friends of ours are growing the pigs for us on their farm since the Growin...