Monday, January 5, 2009

Recycled Paper


For the New Year I have decided to go eco friendly. Or at least try. But today as I found my self standing in the paper isle at Staples I questioned weather I could afford to save the trees. The regular copy paper was $3.49, the 30% recycled paper was $4.99, and the 100% recycled paper was $5.99. Now I would like to know why it costs more to turn old news papers into copier paper that it does to chop down whole forests of trees. After much soul searching I did decide to buy the recycled paper. But I was not happy about it and I was also not so happy with the service of the local Staples who seemed to be hiding all the sale items from there weekly add. I guess that's what I get for not buying local. The store did somewhat redeem themselves by recycling my ink cartridges and crediting me for it. Hopefully the paper issue is just a bump in the road on my path to saving the planet. Next step biodegradable trash bags. I hope they don't cost a lot!

No comments:

Pigs

Growing Boys Farm is trying our hand at pigs. Well, actually some friends of ours are growing the pigs for us on their farm since the Growin...