Sunday, June 17, 2012

Goings on at the Farm

We have baby chicks here at Growing Boys Farm. Now before there are any conclusions jumped to we do not practice any type of confinement animal factory farming. The chicks just had to be put in the barrel while there brooder (house for baby chicks) was being cleaned. Have you ever smelled 38 baby chicks after a week? They really begin to stink. 38 baby chicks, yes I counted, I couldn't help myself but I guess it's ok because they had already hatched. I can count my chicks after they hatch. The tomatoes are allllmost ripe. So close you can taste it. I can't wait for delicious heirloom tomatoes. Flowers are in full bloom. The field seems to have exploded with color. Growing Boys is officially growing flowers for weddings now too. Our first wedding is in July and we are really excited to be part of the special day. We sure are keeping busy this summmer...and loving every second of it. Sometimes when I'm up to my elbows in weeds with dirt all over my face I just like to stop, look around, and remember how blessed we are to all be together on this little place.

No comments:

Pigs

Growing Boys Farm is trying our hand at pigs. Well, actually some friends of ours are growing the pigs for us on their farm since the Growin...