Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday Shopping



As one might have guessed I am not a big fan of Black Friday shopping. Don't get me wrong I'm all for getting a great deal and I also would like for the American Economy to be on the up swing. However standing in a cold line for hours to end up fist fighting the lady next to me over a 75% off electronic device does not sound like my idea of fun.
This year we did awake from our turkey induced comma and head out on Black Friday at least the Daddy and the Oldest Growing Boy did. Mostly the drive to go shopping was the need for a water trough. Who knew that the first 3 stores would already be sold out by 8am of water troughs? I guess that was the other hot ticket item this year. Finally at the 4th stop they found something that would work. It's not exactly the galvanized metal one I had imagined but it was a very nice a water trough and a water heater! We were tired of filling endless 5gal buckets of water and packing or pulling them to the barn only to have them frozen and still undrinkable. Since the lower field is still not completely fenced the calves have no access to the creek yet and even when they do we will still need a water source when dividing up the pasture. The other awesome thing about the water trough is that it is fed by the rain barrel that is fed by the gutters on our barn that came from the old roof on our church. I love it when all the parts of a project finally come together even if we did have to shop Black Friday to make it happen.
Photo by Jenneil Harbert www.photographybyjenneil.net

No comments:

Pigs

Growing Boys Farm is trying our hand at pigs. Well, actually some friends of ours are growing the pigs for us on their farm since the Growin...